Overdrive Cymbals

Overdrive Cymbals
Overdrive Cymbals T20 Series
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Were having a temporary Shut down till July 1st.

Hey Everyone It's T, Your favorite internet percussion retailor. I come to you tonight in a very meloncholey mood. Anyone who know's my company and has talked to me know's. For those of you who don't know let me enlighten you. I have had a chronic stomach condition. It's a combination of some really bad Ulcers, one of which burst last month and several more that are near poping. On top of that I have a chronic intestinal infection which has gotten worse. For three years doctors have been guessing as to exactly what I have. They think they have it narrowed down to a thing called H. Pyloauria problem is there are many variants of this infection. So they need to scope me and biopsie the infection to determine what strain it is so they can effectively treat my strain.



Since April 1st I have been in the hospital 2 times both were for over a week. On may 9th I went back into the hospital I wound up catching a staph infection and wound up in the hospital for 15 days. I just got out a few days ago. Quite frankly my freinds I can't take this any more. When my ulcers flair the pain can be unbearable. This has been going on for three years, time to figure out what's wrong with me. Among other things I have a business to run and it's now effecting that. This I cannot have. I have worked long and hard to build this business. I have worked diligently to build a reputation I can be proud of I have worked hard to build a reputation for excellent customer service which I'm proud to point out we now have over 500 feedbacks in our Ebay store and a 100% satisfaction rating. That doesn't come by doing nothing.





After this latest stay in the hospital the doctors have decided to do two things. For the Ulcers the ones that are bleeding or near bleeding for lact of a better way to explain it they are going to courdirse ( burn them) closed. and for the intestinal issue's the most infected part of my intestines are bye-bye. They are going to remove about 2 feet of infected tissue and then use an aggresive policy of strong anti-biotics on the remaining infection. I have been advised it can take upwards of a year to cure the intestinal infection. To say I'm exsasperated or distraught is an understatement. It has lead me to do some heavy thinking and I have made some descions.





First the recuperation period is a few weeks. During this time Cymbals & Snares will be moving into a better facility. I have come to the conclusion it would be impossible to maintain the level of service our customers have expected of us. Infact we are currently behind on orders placed while I was in the hospital during the last two weeks. We need to apologise to those customers and get them their products asap. As a company were in between a rock and a hard place. Were way to big and busy for one guy to run but just shy of being able to hire some help. I think we need to hire atleast 1 part timer to help out and be able to continue to operate the company at the most basic level in case I get sick again. Were just gonna have to bite the bullet and do it. We can always find some stuff for him/her to do.





With our impending move and my surgery I have decided to have a month long shut down. I just don't see any way around it. I refuse to allow our customer service be effected more than it has been already. During the shut down we will also be able to do some much needed upgrades if we are to succesfully continue our growth as a company. They say hindsight is everything, I had I knew this last stay was going to be over two weeks I would have considered earlier to stop taking orders. It looked like it was only gonna be a few days and then I caught a staph infection which laid me up for another week. You cannot imagine how draining something like this is. You ache and simply have no stregnth.



To our customers who are awaiting shipment of their product's rest assure they will be shipped out shortly. I have a freind who also runs an Ebay business, he has voluntered to assist me in packing and shipping out the orders that are waiting. With any luck everything will be packed and either shipped or ready to ship over this long holiday weekend. I also owe those of you waiting for products a huge apology. I attempted to send out a few emails from the hospital on a freinds laptop but I was so doped up it was impossible. I ask for your understanding and your forgiveness. If you look at our feedback you can clearly see this is a anomoly. We do not do business like this. You can't imagine how upset I am at delaying your product shipment. I ask once again for your forgiveness.



When we re-open on July 1st they'll be some changes. Some of the old brands are gonna be gone and we'll be adding some new ones. Our own proprietary website is under construction and will debut sometime in late july or early August. We will be adding more hardware, more snare drums, another brand or two of Cymbals. ( don't worry Wuhan, Silken and Diril aren't going anywhere) We are also adding a whole new department : ELECTRONICS !! we will initially be offering Drum mic's and drum mic packages and of course all the accesories mic clips, cables ect,ect. We will be moved into our new warehouse space . Along with our very succesful You Tube channel we will be utilizing our blog more than ever hopefully as a way to keep communications with our customers open and a two way street.



Right from the start when I founded Cymbals & Snares I knew what my vision was. Our tagline " Home of the Other Name Brands" would be the foundation of our whole company. Selling the smaller name, lesser known brands who's quality is excellent and their prices reasonable. Those of us ( I'm one too ) who are drawn by that are a little different than the average player. Where not looking just for sales were trying to develope a home on the web for all those who shop at C & S. Our Ebay store, Our You Tube channel Our Blog and our soon to be opened Website are all components in this. We must be connecting to someone we've had over 1,200 satisfied customers so far . 48,000 Video views on our You Tube channel in 3 months ! It's thinking of that , which is what pulled me through this last prolonged stay in the hospital.



Everything C & S does we do with our customers in mind. We are striving to create a home on the web for US the Cymbals & Snares Family. Please feel free to comment , make a suggestion call me a dickhead, but participate with out sales and just as important imput from you who are reading this we can wind up just another Drumshop. We are trying to utilize todays technology to develope a drumshop like no other. Give us a hand if we succed we all will benefit from it. I'm getting tired folks so there's what's been going on. I will keep everyone posted diligently over the next few weeks. Thank You and God Bless T

No comments:

Post a Comment